(Mostly notes to myself)
KOReader is the best eReader software I've found. It works beautifully on eInk screens, Android, and Linux. Just a gorgeous - and infinitely customisable - experience.
There's one thing I don't like - to move forward a page, you have to click the right of the screen and, to move back, the left. That's fine if you're holding the book in your right hand. But sometimes I behave in a sinister fashion and hold it in my left. I want to tap the bottom of the screen to move forward, and the top to move back a page.
My previous eReader had an easy-settings menu like this:
KOReader doesn't have anything like that - yet - so here's how to set it up manually.
- In the book selection screen (not when reading a book) tap the top of the screen to bring up the menu bar, then press 🛠️ for Tools
- At the bottom of the menu, scroll across to page 2
- Select "More Tools"
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- Read the big scary warning message and press "OK"
- Scroll along until you find "
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD". Tap on it, and edit the values to read
h=0.5 w=1 x=0 y=0
- For "
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD", set the values to
h=0.5 w=1 x=0 y=0.5"
- Press the "X" in the top right corner, and restart KOReader.