How to take solar export readings on the Honeywell AS302P smartmeter

by @edent | , | 8 comments | Read ~2,593 times.

I can't find these instructions anywhere online - so I hope these notes help!

The AS302P SMETS2 has two buttons. I've labelled the top button A and the bottom button B.

Honeywell AS302P meter.

Press the A button once to bring up the menu. The display should light up. It should show "General".
Screen lit up.

Press the B button. This scrolls down the display. Press it a couple of times until it says "Registers". If you go past it, press it again and again until Registers scrolls back into view.
Displaying "Registers".

Press the A button to enter the Registers menu. It should show the word "Cumulative".
Displaying "Cumulative".

Press the A button to enter the Cumulative menu. It should show your "Import".
Honeywell Cumulative Import display.

Press the B button once to scroll down. This should show you your "Export".
Honeywell Cumulative Export display.

This "Cum. Exp." figure is what you give to your energy provider when they ask for your solar export readings.

If that doesn't help, you can read the AS302P manual.

(And, yes, your energy provider should really be able to read these automatically. That's the whole frickin' point of a smart meter!)

8 thoughts on “How to take solar export readings on the Honeywell AS302P smartmeter

1. Kate says:

Thank you very much for this post. It is incredibly useful. Can I just ask whether cum exp is used energy in kWhs? Or if not how to find the exact kWhs spent?

Thanks,
    Kate

1. @edent says:

Yes, it is kWh.

2. Ken Daniells says:

British Gas are asking me for Tot Act Exp screen reading. Any idea how to display this please?

1. @edent says:

I've taken a look through the manual - https://web.archive.org/web/20200924194541/https://ssebe.thegateinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/honeywell-AS302P-smart-meter.pdf - and I can't see anything in there. You should speak to British Gas to ask what they mean.

3. Amanda says:

Hi,

This is amazing! You're right, I can't find this information anywhere.

Do you know how to get readings for both energies? I have gas and electricity and am moving suppliers which is why I need to give a manual reading.

1. @edent says:

If you press the buttons on the gas meter, it should tell you the readings. But it's easiest if you ask your supplier to take a remote reading.

1. Amanda says:

Thanks for that. I seem to have one smart meter that covers both. I don't think I have any buttons for the gas meter (not at home at the moment to check). I'll double check later but will probably contact the supplier as you suggest. Thank you so much!

4. Phil Marsh says:

I have the Meter, all it says is 'Electricity Meter Initialised' I cannot get beyond this message, waiting for OVO to send someone out but it's been like this for months.