Sorry for the title gore. But it’s the only way to let people know that all four of these laptops are identical.
These laptops come with an HDMI port and a Mini DisplayPort. Here’s how to get both working simultaneously so you can have three screens.
- Restart your laptop.
- Press the F2 key when the manufacturer logo displays.
- You’re now in the BIOS.
- The screens may look different from mine.
- Enter the Setup Utility
- Select Advanced
- In “Advanced Chipset Control” go to “DDI Control” and set “DDI to mDP”. That puts the Display Digital Interface to the mini DisplayPort.
- In ThunderBolt Configuration, set the “Security Level” to “Display Port Only”.
- Save and Exit. Your computer will reboot and Linux will be able to see all the monitors.
I hope that’s of some use to you!