Forget that noise! I started looking for a new password manager and, on the recommendation of several friends, started using BitWarden.
- Open Source!
- Works in the browser – tried in Firefox and Chrome. Fast, and easy to use.
- Linux app – handy, but a little clunky to use. Bonus CLI tool available
- Android app – great at autofilling apps. Can unlock using fingerprint.
- Password sharing – I haven’t tried this yet, but useful if you and your family share a common password for things like Netflix.
- Can be self-hosted if you want.
- Importing old passwords from LastPass was a little tricky – but that’s because LastPass makes it deliberately hard.
- The Android app can be a little slow to start. Not much worse than LastPass, but a little annoying.
- If you want YubiKey support, you need to buy the premium version. It’s $10/year – that’s much cheaper than LastPass’s $24/year.
Go for it! Incredibly easy to use, cheaper than LastPass if you want premium features, and works everywhere.