It turns out that my washing machine is incompatible with my BlueTooth headset. What was once my favourite little gizmo - resplendent with blinking lights - is now little more than scrap metal. Arse.
The Jabra BT3030 was, without a doubt, the best BlueTooth headset I ever had. There were regular firmware updates for it. Sound and call quality were excellent. It could pair with two devices simultaneously - and automagically pause the music on one if you received a call on the other. Best of all, it had standard sockets. A 3.5mm jack so I could use my own headphones - and a micro-USB socket so I could charge it from the same cable as my phone.
Well. It's now dead. My circumstances have changed, so I need to buy a replacement. Requirements are...
- Micro-USB charger. All phones are standardising on micro-USB - and I don't want to carry around two different charging cables for my devices.
- Stereo. I don't want a twat-earring - I want to listen to music.
- Control of music and calls.
- Pocket sized. When I'm not using it, I want to be able to store it conveniently and discretely.
What I don't need...
- I'm not a snake-oil buyer audiophile - I don't need ear-phones that cost more than a tenner.
- Doesn't need to be BlueTooth 4.0 - or even 3.0. I'm taking it as read that it will be BlueTooth 2.1 compatible. It would be nice if there were firmware upgrades available.
- Doesn't need military grade noise cancellation technology. I'm usually sat in an office or a park - not a war zone.
- Waterproof. I've learned my lesson!
So, what's out there that you would recommend.