Congratulations to rawedge for this QR campaign for Sky Atlantic.
A simple QR code, pointing to a URL (with source=qr for analytics), a mobile website, and a 3gp video.
I'm a nit-picker - but here are a few suggestions to make the campaign better.
- Make the code bigger. When dealing with newsprint and its fuzzy images, it's always better to make the QR as large as possible - or as large as your advertising team will allows. Larger images are easier to scan.
- A little more whitespace around the code would improve its readability.
- The text instructions are great - either SMS or type the URL in directly - but the text is fuzzy and indistinct.
- The video is presented in 4:3 aspect ratio.
- I appreciate that you don't want people watching a stuttering 720p video over EDGE - but I feel that making the video widescreen to suit the majority of phones would have made the video more impressive. As it is, 240 x 192 the image looks a little blurred which perhaps isn't the best advert for HD.
- Finally, I noticed the campaign appearing in other papers.
- As far as I can see, it's the same code. It would be a good idea to use a different code in each paper so you can see if, for example, Times readers are more likely to scan than Metro readers.
As I said - very minor complaints. Overall, an impressive use of QR codes from Sky. Well done to those involved.